Tuesday 6 August 2013

Anatomy T-shirt

 A fun way to learn the basic names of internal organs.


Before it was painted

On Ellen McHenry's site there is wonderful make and do free resources.

As I am busy doing translations for our Afrikaans site with her permission, we decided to make the Anatomy T-shirt. (The Afrikaans version of the template and instructions will be available in a few weeks when I launch the site).

On Ellen's site you can download the instructions and template for the T-shirt in various sizes. I happen to come across one old white T-shirt this morning and worked perfect for us.

We did not write the labels of the internal organs on the T-shirt. We are using ribbon with the names written on it and attaching it to the various parts with  those nappy pins (sorry could not remember the correct word).

My method for tracing the template on the T-shirt: On the back of the template I went over the lines with a 4B pencil. Then putting the pencil part facing the T-shirt I used a pen and went over the lines until the pencil markings came off on the T-shirt. I then outlined the pencil markings with a black pen. See the top picture what it looked like before I painted it.

Below you can see the painted version. Yes I know the T-shirt is too small for Matthew, but he also wanted a photo with the organs (LOL)


After it was painted.

Have to admit, I like the before better than the after. Just a word a caution this took a couple of hours to complete, so you need loads of time.

Happy learning.

Blessings



Maryna



0 comments:

Post a Comment